If you like the idea of working with a house washing company that is the oldest in the Seattle, Washington area, you have come to the right place. Our founder, Peter Kogler, was an immigrant from Canada and decided to start a window cleaning business in 1973. The business prospered and was incorporated in 1991 as Capitol Cleaning. Here’s a bit about our company history:
- 1998: We acquired the assets of Universal Window Cleaning, one of Seattle’s oldest and most respected window cleaning companies.
- 2001: We were awarded Valuestar’s highest rating for customer satisfaction after an independent audit of our client base. In the same year, we joined the International Window Cleaning Association (IWCA).
- 2005: Our window cleaners were enrolled in the International Window Cleaners Association (IWCCI) certification program to ensure the best training for safety and procedures.
- 2011: Our company was reorganized as Essential Services, LLC, though still operating under the business name of Capitol Cleaning.
- 2014 to Present: We received Angie’s List Super Service Awards for window cleaning and gutter cleaning.
- 2018: We made the Top Rated Local list of top-rated window cleaning services in the Seattle area.
- 2021: We joined the SoftWash Systems in-network companies by qualifying for the SoftWash Systems Certified Applicator shield.
In recent years, we have expanded to offer comprehensive house washing services, including becoming certified with SoftWash Systems to offer softwashing, which is perfect for a wide variety of surfaces, including roofing, patios, brick, and decks. We will never waiver from our commitment to being a solution-oriented company that proactively responds to our customers’ house washing needs.